Sunday, June 14, 2009

Life After Young Adults

After being released from the Young Adult Branch. We have been struggling to find things to do to keep us busy. Chad has taken up the game Sudoku and has come very good at it. I'm thinking of signing him up for some sort of competition.
Kristi keeps up with the young Adults by stalking all of there blogs. (Thanks Mindy) We signed up to play softball in our ward just so we could see the young adults once a week. We have not recieved a calling from our ward yet....They asked us to clean the church last week and we were so excited to finally be able to do something....

I have kept busy working in my yard.....It just hasn't been as rewarding as working with the youth. Good news though....they asked us to come to their boating activity this Monday for FHE......It better not rain.


6 comments:

Mindy H. said...

Praying for "not rain" really is a switch for us, isn't it? But we are willing to suffer through drought and angry farmers for the rest of the year if we get to spend time with the Jones Crew! Enjoy your time off...you have earned it and I don't think you are going to be off the hook for much longer. Your family is far too good at leadership, friendship, and teachership to sit on the sidelines for long.

Rain or shine we will see you tomorrow!

SAYDA said...

Dick loves Sudoku! He is addicted to them.

I'm sorry you're going through withdrawal's. I bet they miss you tons. I know Bree missed a lot when she got married.

T Hurst said...

Your yard looks beautiful! It was great to get to hear you guys talk yesterday! We miss ya!

Abram said...

I bet you haven't had free time like this in years! Enjoy it because new callings will come soon, I am sure.
I hope to see you soon! Happy Father's Day, Uncle Chad. Thanks for being supportive over the years.

Pierce Family said...

Mom, you always have a beautiful yard... even when you have tons of callings. Perhaps you should move out here and teach the people in the Midsouth a thing or two. We don't have grass, we have weeds. Which I think is weird because it rains ALL the time!!!

ps I think it is weird that you have been released for a month and still don't have callings. Want to move to Mississippi and be Primary teachers? I'd gladly give you my class. =)

SAYDA said...

Just letting everyone know...

Our new address is
saydasjournal.blogspot.com

Since I use first names, I didn't want them connected to our last name.