Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Fall Blessings

I was blessed by these women. They are Stake Presidents wives, we got to meet together at Sun Valley for some training while our husbands were being trained also. It was a wonderful day. We were asked to memorized "The Living Christ" I tried once when I was serving in young women and failed....but I am determined to do it this time. Memorizing is not easy for me.
I was blessed by having my first grandson baptized (well, he is my only grandson). I remember being baptized by my sixteen year old brother. He told me he was going to drown me (maybe that is why I don't like to swim) the bishop wrote down the wrong words of the baptism prayer so he memorized them wrong. After the third time of going under I remember looking up at my mother crying, begging her not to let him drown me.
And of course, I was blessed this fall by being able to attend General Conference and to be taught by men of God. I am so excited to get my November Ensign so I can read and reread their words.

1 comment:

Angela Cothran said...

I can't believe Carson is 8 already. I'm getting old.