Friday, March 20, 2009

Mission Prep



Kristi has been taking the mission prep class at Institute. This is her second semester taking the class. She liked it so well she wanted to take it again. Her teacher is so creative she makes learning so much fun. Her teachers' name is Mindy Haws, she is actually my second cousin....long story. (Mindy also teaches the gospel doctrine class in our branch....I have learned so much from her class) In her spare time she teaches at the Burley Junior High. Chad and I take Kristi to institute and then we go out and visit those members of our branch that don't attend. We visit three young men quite often and the last few visits they actually turned off their video games and listened to us. I think we are breaking them down. We love it...it is kind of like a missionary experience.

4 comments:

Pierce Family said...

Another post and only TWO phone calls to ask how to do it... you are improving!!!!! YAHOO!! I'm glad Kristi is liking her class. Mindy is a great teacher.

Mindy H. said...

I am so glad that Kristi likes coming to class...becuase I would make her come anyway even if she didn't :)Class just isn't the same without her!

Walt and Eileen said...

How fun for Kristi to be taking the "Preach My Gospel" class while you two go do missionary work... that's what it's all about.
We know you both are a very Christ-like branch president and branch president's wife.
We have cherished memories from our 4 years working with the young single adult ward.
Carry on.
Love, Los Petersen - Walt & Eileen - Argentina

Janiece said...

Mindy is an amazing teacher!
Sh has such a positive way of teaching!

Hang in there this week.
I am sure it will be emotional to say the least.

Much love,
Janiece